The mission of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission is to safeguard significant resources, provide information services that inspire and support research, education and reading, and enhance the capacity for achievement of current and future generations.
To accomplish this, we
- Preserve the record of government for public scrutiny,
- Secure and make accessible historically significant records and other valuable resources, both for print and electronic documents,
- Meet the reading needs of Texans with disabilities,
- Build and sustain statewide partnerships to improve library programs and services, and
- Enhance the capacity for achievement of individuals and institutions with whom we work.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission and staff believe all Texans have the right to barrier-free access to library and information services that meet personal and professional needs and interests, provided by well-trained, customer-oriented staff. We pledge to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability. We strive to attain and hold the highest levels of public trust.